Monday, October 29, 2018

10th Cut Final Cut Wrap-Up! (330+ Films reviewed so far)


When I started typing this wrap-up a few days ago I was sitting in an airport in Atlanta, waiting for my connection to Pittsburgh.  I had it about 90% done, but then I was out in the city today when my husband texted me about real life horror less than a mile from where I was standing.  I specifically avoid politics, or anything of that ilk, on this website but I've never shied away from being open about my life and experiences.

I've said this before, but my mom used to say that she watched horror because it made the everyday things less scary.  A supernatural slasher or strange atomic creature combined with your imagination is much more frightening than dealing with bills or your 9-to-5.  Unfortunately for us, real monsters exist.  There aren't many, but they're out there.  Yet, for every Jason that exists in this camp of life there are thousands if not millions of camp counselors out there all willing to stop him.  Every Elm Street is full of of hundreds of teenagers all looking to prevent Freddy from harming anyone.  We, as horror fans, are a community.  We, as humans, are a community.

So if you, or someone you know, needs help of any form then there are a lot of resources out there for you.  There's never any shame in reaching out when you need it most.

There's a line that's stuck in my head from the band Behind Enemy Lines, and that's:
"We're in this together / Don't shut out one another / Don't ever forget that we depend on each other."

With all of that said, what's going on with 30DoP?

Since the next two months are going to be busy with holidays and such I plan on taking them off from the website and returning in January.  It's much easier to handle watching films and reviewing them when I'm not juggling work, holidays, and travel the whole time.

I'll still do occasional posts and as I get screeners I'll post the Saturday Screamers.

Speaking of which, if you or someone you know has a horror movie, book, zine, comic, or game coming out and would like a review of it then please feel free to hit me up at 30DaysOfPlight@gmail.com.

Also if you just want to say "hi" or reach out in general, you can get a hold of me through that e-mail or via our Twitter @30DaysOfPlight.

Have a good holiday season and I'll see you in January...

I'll be right back...

No comments:

Post a Comment